Monday, January 24, 2011

Sleeping under the open air

Last night we were attacked by them. They came in a huge wave, around 50 of them. We fought to the very end but lost some of our stuff. Like our tent. So tonight we're sleeping on a hill, one blanket between the three of us, under the stars. The silly thing is I don't know why I haven't done it before; the stars are so beautiful. As I lay there typing this I tried to remember when was the last time I looked up and just let my mind wander. My mind slipped into a time before all the horrors, a simpler time, and I realised that it can only have been 1 month ago that everything went bad. Before then I was like any other normal teenager, watched too much TV, stayed up too late, didn't get my homework in on time - but now I have to always be alert, wake up early and try not to break down. It was then that my mind flicked back; all I could think of was seeing my parents turn, their stomachs rupturing showering me with their own guts. Eyes falling out of their sockets, left dangling like a yo-yo. That was when they lunged, I couldn't fight them, they were my parents and I couldn't bring myself to kill them.

No comments:

Post a Comment